The Immersed Visor 2.5K resolution model accounted for only 4% of all preorders, with the 4K model making up the remaining 96%.
A new VR/AR headset (or glasses at this point) recently entered the VR scene – the Immersed Visor. Although not all the details are available, the key specifications, including the micro-OLED 4K per eye resolution, eye tracking, hand tracking, mixed reality features, and more, have been revealed. Additionally, the price has been unveiled, with Immersed offering preorders at an impressively affordable rate of $750 for the 4K model and $500 for the 2.5K model.
Given the lower price of the 2.5K model at $200, one might assume it would outsell the pricier 4K model. However, this turned out to be quite far from reality. According to Renji Bijoy, the CEO of Immersed, the Visor’s preorders saw a whopping 96% for the 4K models, with only 4% opting for the 2.5K. It appears that people are willing to invest in significantly higher resolution even at a higher cost for this type of device.
Bijoy explained that due to the limited interest in the Visor 2.5K Model, the company has opted to discontinue its production. Instead, they are offering a “special offer” or a refund to those who had pre-ordered it. According to his statement, the company’s sole focus will now be on bringing the 4K version to market.
Immersed also provides a “Visor Founder Edition” for $999, which is essentially the 4K model with some tweaks like an exclusive faceplate but, most importantly, it ships six months ahead of the other models. You can find more details here.
Bijoy also teased that the company has an announcement scheduled for Thursday. If you’re intrigued by this product, be sure to stay tuned for updates.